- Go download the JDK. Get the latest version.
- This package will install the JDK and JRE. You will see 2 folders in “C:\Program Files\Java\”. One for JDK and one for JRE.
- Start the “Control Panel” > “Advanced” tab > “Environment Variables” button
- Edit under “System Variables” the “Path” and add at the end of the line “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_xx\bin;” Replace xx with the right version.
- Test the installation : Open a command windows and type
You may need to reboot. For the both command you should see an output with the version you have just installed.